Other websites

You can also click on the links below for useful website information and forms.

Other coal schemes and organisations

These links will take you to other websites within the coal industry.

Industry Wide Mineworkers’ Pension Scheme

British Coal Staff Superannuation Scheme 

Coal Industry Social Welfare Organisation (CISWO)

National Concessionary Fuel Office 

National Union of Mineworkers

Financial guidance

Links to official pension and financial guidance websites.

HM Revenue & Customs (your pension & tax) 
News and information on tax and national insurance matters in the UK.

Support for the elderly

Age UK is a charitable movement concerned with promoting the well-being of older people and helping make later life a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.

A non-profit organisation which helps the public with all aspects of their finances, including lots of useful guides, how to find a retirement adviser that has been authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), and help with problems, complaints or disputes with their occupational or private pension arrangements.

Tax Help for Older People
Dedicated Scheme phoneline: 0333 207 5653
Tax Help for Older People (“Tax Help”) is a UK-based charity providing free, independent and expert help and advice for older people on lower incomes who cannot afford to pay for professional tax advice. They have produced some guides (below) which contain useful information on pensions and taxation.

Pension Flexibility & Taxation

This guide seeks to explain some of the pension freedoms introduced and how this may affect you and your tax.

A guide to taxation at bereavement

This booklet is a checklist and reminder of things to do with tax when dealing with bereavement, aimed at those where the personal representative of the person who has died is the surviving spouse or close family.


Disclaimer: Tax Help for Older People is a charitable organisation which provides tax advice and guidance to people on all sources of income. Tax Help for Older People has a free dedicated telephone advice service provided by trained staff available for Scheme members to provide support on tax queries. Face to face advice, when necessary, is provided by volunteer tax advisers who are members of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT), the Association of Tax Technicians (ATT) or otherwise professionally trained or qualified. The tax advisers are not independent financial advisers and Tax Help for Older People does not provide independent financial advice. If you would like to consult an independent financial adviser, you are free to use any provider and are responsible for the choice of provider. You can get free financial guidance from Government-backed organisations such as Pension Wise or the Money and Pensions Service. The Trustee is not recommending or endorsing the advice provided by the charity. The Trustee itself is not authorised to give any financial advice and it accepts no liability for any advice which this charity or any other third-party organisation provides.