Help with managing your pension

If you need help to manage your pension, you might want to consider the following options:

  • You can nominate someone you trust to act on your behalf for any contact with the Scheme Administrator.

For example:
If you have difficulty hearing, you can use the Nominate someone to discuss your benefits form to give your permission for someone to call the Scheme Administrator to ask questions on your behalf. If you have trouble reading, or have poor eyesight, you can use the Appointing a ‘Care of’ address form to tell us who you would like to receive your Scheme correspondence.

Your pension will still be paid to you and your Agent will not be able to make any changes to your personal details. So if, for example, you want to let us know of a change of address or bank account, you will need to write to tell us. Someone else can write the letter on your behalf, but we need you to sign it.

  • If you become unable to deal with your pension because of your age, or illness, you can nominate a representative to receive your pension. This could be a family member or an organisation (such as the manager of the care home that you are living in). To put this in place, complete the Application to become a payee form. The Scheme Administrator will need to see medical evidence to confirm that you are no longer able to deal with your pension. Once these arrangements are set up, your pension will be paid to the person nominated to act on your behalf and from then on, Scheme correspondence will be sent to your representative.
  • If a formal Power of Attorney or Court of Protection arrangement is already in place, please let us see the official document.