Help with managing your pension

If you need help to manage your pension, you might want to consider the following options:

  • You can nominate someone you trust to act on your behalf for any contact with the Scheme Administrator.

    For example:
    If you have difficulty hearing, you can use the Nominate someone to discuss your benefits form to give your permission for someone to call the Scheme Administrator to ask questions on your behalf. If you have trouble reading, or have poor eyesight, you can use the Appointing a ‘Care of’ address form to tell us who you would like to receive your Scheme correspondence.

    Your pension will still be paid to you and your Agent will not be able to make any changes to your personal details. So if, for example, you want to let us know of a change of address or bank account, you will need to write to tell us. Someone else can write the letter on your behalf, but we need you to sign it.

  • If you become unable to deal with your pension because of your age, or illness, you can nominate a representative to receive your pension. This could be a family member or an organisation (such as the manager of the care home that you are living in). To put this in place, complete the Application to become a payee form. The Scheme Administrator will need to see medical evidence to confirm that you are no longer able to deal with your pension. Once these arrangements are set up, your pension will be paid to the person nominated to act on your behalf and from then on, Scheme correspondence will be sent to your representative.

  • If a formal Power of Attorney or Court of Protection arrangement is already in place, please let us see the official document. 
Update your details


We know how important it is that you receive information about your pension or receive your pension payment on time. It is therefore essential that we keep your records up-to-date. The forms below can be used to let us know of any changes to your personal details.

Expression of Wish Form

MPS members can name the person or persons they would like to receive any cash sum payable on their death by completing an Expression of Wish form. The Trustees have a discretionary power to pay any cash sum on death to a relative or dependant rather than to your estate. Although (mainly for tax reasons) the Trustees cannot be bound by your nomination, they will able to take your wishes into account. You can download a form for completion here, or you can ask the Scheme Administrator to send a copy to you. 

If you have previously completed an Expression of Wish form, please think about whether your circumstances have changed as it might need to be updated.